Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Arouch!

---NOTE--- This happened yesterday on my way home

I was happy as a bee drenched in honey since my officemate dropped me off to where I parked my car and I didn't have to take the one jeepney ride I usually take to get to my parking spot. I must've walked that path a hundred times but earlier, I lost my footing, slipped, tripped, twisted my ankle and fell on all fours. Oooohh the pain. Plain, pure agony. Never mind the humiliation. I was really in pain.

And yet my practical mind kicked into high gear, "Will I be able to drive?"

It took me some time to get up (it was THAT painful) and this vendor by the corner where I slipped commented to her companion, "Nalaglag ba siya? Masakit kaya?"

Ah.... Yes! Unless I prostrate myself flat on the floor, I can't get any lower than this. Count the seconds from the time I fell down. Do you think I may actually be enjoying my stay down here? Why don't YOU try it on for size?

And then..

Please? Help me get up.

That was the worst yet. No one picked me up! And to think I literally crossed paths with another person on her way out! Gee thanks for the love, neighbor.

But immediately after that, I started to giggle to myself. It was a pathetic situation I was in. So with supreme effort, I picked myself up. And I pathetically limped towards my car and drove home.

And now that I am safely home, I checked out the damage.

Scratched white leather handbag. CHECK
Bloody left big toe. CHECK
Bloody chipped nail. CHECK
A bump on my left shin. CHECK
Bruised right shin. CHECK
Painfully swollen right ankle. CHECK

Well, at least I still have my sense of humor with me and was able to laugh about it over dinner with my family.

And as I literally had to brush myself off, all I can say is AROUCH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home