Thursday, May 31, 2007

Summer 2007


Summer of 2007 will be etched in my heart as one of the most memorable summers in my 26 years of existence.

We’ve had two very fun family trips this summer. First, we went to Baguio the weekend before the troublesome Election Day. Maybe it was a brief escape from the harsh reality… Wehehe. Then barely two weeks later, we went on a day trip to Corregidor.

Anyway, that Baguio trip is our first family trip in YEARS!!!! The last trip we took was almost 10 years ago, also in Baguio.

A lot of difference 10 years make. First and most evident, all of us were more ragged around the edges. Obviously, my parents have gotten older and when I look at my face in the mornings, I have to admit that I will no longer pass as a high school student (I could before without make-up and with my small stature). Baguio is also a lot cooler this time around.

But I guess the more pointed difference is the ease we as a family now have. Maybe people do mellow with age but whatever the case maybe, I just want to declare to the world that I am truly blessed to have my family.

My mom is not as mobile as she used to be. Her rheumatic (or is it arthritic) knees have been giving her much trouble. And while it bothers me to see her like that, I also take comfort during the moments I see her being assisted by my dad. It gives me great satisfaction when I see them walking while holding hands or when they unceasingly tease each other who first fell for whom.

I guess what made the summer of 2007 extra special were not the trips. Those just supplied a wonderful frame for the real art – a picture of a truly happy family.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home