Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Mother Nature at her Best

I love the rain. I love everything about it. I love smelling the world after a refreshing shower. I love watching it pour down on earth. I love listening to it as it falls down. I even love running and playing in it if the downpour is hard enough.

Rain is, in my opinion, one of Mother Nature's best surprises. I mean, sure it's hell being unexpectedly caught in a downpour, stuck in traffic just when you need time on your side.

But imagine a state of life where you have nothing to do and nowhere to go. Don't you think it's a wonderful experience to run free under the rain?

I love the sun equally. I strive every summer to get a decent tan. But there is really something quite magical about the rain.

Rain at night guarantees a goodnight's sleep with the coolness it brings.
Rain in the morning makes you want to snuggle deeper under the covers, savoring the warmth of your bed.
But I think rain in the afternoon is just perfect. It gives me a reason to stay indoors, but it also arouses the child in me to go out and play with Mother Nature.

There is a certain level of comfort I achieve walkng under the heavy downpour, feeling free and relaxed, one with Mother Nature while the rest of my neighborhood opt to sit in and wait for the rain to pass.

Try it once this coming rainy season. Walk under the rain. Feel every drop refresh your skin. Catch a few with your tongue. Savor the experience and maybe, you will end up loving the rain as much as I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home