Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Apathetic Pathetic

Apathy... There is a certain level of dryness just saying the word out loud. Alas, I am struck with this ailment. Yup. I think apathy is a state of illness... I mean, life has so many wonderful, beautiful things to offer and being apathetic to it is akin to being bedridden with a serious ailment.

I don't exactly know when it started. My zodiac sign dictates that I am supposed to be the most passionate sign. Yup. I remember being like that once upon a time. With a temper to boot.

But now? Now, I can honestly say I let a lot of things pass. Very little, if at all any, ruffle my feathers. It's actually quite bothersome, but true to my currently apathetic nature, I couldn't even be bothered to be bothered. Make sense?

If I remember my Lit classes, Dante devoted a circle of his inferno to the apathetic. I think it's Cornice number 2 where the apathetic are cursed to keep on running very quickly in circles. Perhaphs like a hornet's nest?

Sigh. I don't know what exactly is wrong with me. Can somebody help? I just need to feel my heart jump a little.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Hmm.. I think I am also infected with that same ailment. ;-)

2:01 PM  
Blogger passion4sleep said...

Sad, huh. Call me a bag of lazy bones. I am not proud of it but the sad truth is, I really can't be bothered. Wonder what can raise my hackles? I don't even have someone to fight with to check how apathetic I've become!

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home