Monday, September 04, 2006

Here's to new friendships!

I've always been shy. Haha. I can almost imagine my friends choking back their laughters. But really. Sure, you'll see my hamming it up with people and mine is probably the loudest and possibly the most annoying laughter in a room. I love performing and making a fool of myself. I love expressing my opinions on just about anything, even in a public arena. Probably, better phrased as ESPECIALLY in a public arena.

However, therein lies the paradox of my being (oh, yes, let's be philosophical here ). While I'm probably the last person to back off from the public's eye, I am also most likely the last person to start a conversation afterwards. I don't know where that's coming from...

There are simply moments when I can't. I can't seem to find common topics to discuss. I amaze even myself with the contrast I find within myself. And during the moments I do have those conversations, that's just it, it is just a moment. On our following meetings, at most, I'll give a happy greeting then just keep quiet.

I only have a few close relationships so those relationships, I treasure.

Thus, I think it's amazing when I am given the blessing to begin new friendships or deepen existing superficial ones. I enjoy hanging out with friends and would rather do this sitting in a quiet spot rather than dancing in a noisy bar (though I do crave for this once in a while).

I am nurturing two budding friendships now and I am feeling very happy about it.

I just wish I will be given more opportunities to discover new friendships or to rekindle old ones. Whatever the case, I aim to challenge myself to go beyond my comfort zone and explore what I have been missing out on just because I was too hesitant to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home